Having muscular physiques like those we see in magazine covers is something everyone would like to have, But this doesn’t some overnight. It takes years of dedication and hard work that not all of us are willing to go through.
So one solution that we’ve come across is Ben Pakulski’s MI40X training program. Here, he uses his years of extensive bodybuilding training to share how we can build a bigger physique in less time. Our MI40X review takes a look at the program to see how it works and if it is worth the trying out.
What is the MI40X Workout?
The MI40X stands for Mass Intention 40 Xtreme. It is a weight training program that implements what Ben has coined the CEP method. CEP stands for Cell Expansion Protocol, where you give extra focus on the muscle cells and stimulate them for further growth. Doing so at the right time and the right way for specific body parts helps produce faster muscle development.
According to the MI40 program, because the CEP system is so effective, you are able to spend less time at the gym. What you do is use simple, efficient training sessions, make sure you get the proper nutrition and supplements along with your rest. Think of Ben Pakulski’s MI40 workout as something similar to the P90X except it is made for individuals looking to gain muscle mass instead of losing weight.
Who is Ben Pakulski?
Ben Pakulski is a Canadian born professional bodybuilder. He won the Mr. Canada bodybuilding competition in 2008 and came in 2nd in the 2013 Arnold Classic. He has spend a large portion of his life training and helping people achieve their strength and physique goals. He has also appeared in a number of well known fitness magazine covers.
Looking Inside the MI40 Workout Program
The MI40X is a complete training system. It includes the exercises along with the program to be followed as well as the nutrition manuals. It also includes a video library that demonstrates how the exercises and the CEP training should be done. Ben stresses on proper form and watching the videos carefully to understand the proper ways to execute each exercise is crucial to avoid injury and target each muscle so take time to do so specially if you’re starting out.
The workouts are relatively short at under an hour, making it a lot less time consuming than spending hours and hours at the gym. In each training session you only do a handful of exercises then finish it with a CEP exercise for that specific body part. Each of the CEP exercises work differently for various body parts. Adding this system helps improve the pace at which muscle develops.
Components of the Pacakage
A look the at what you get with this training program.
- The MI40 CEP Quick Start Action Plan – this quick start book breaks down the program and gives you an idea of the different steps. It is an overview that guides you to the different things you’ll be doing. Read through this quickly along with the FAQ when starting is a good idea.
- 7 Day Primer Phase – to get your body prepared for the training, a 7 day training primer phase is something that gets you in condition and teaches you some of the basic principles like mind muscle connection and how to recruit muscles well during training.
- 7 Day Detox Diet – similar to the primer phase, start with this 7 day diet detox to cleanse yourself from the many impurities we normally eat. This helps your body prime for delivering nutrients to the muscles to build them after working out. Doing the diet every so often also helps you lose the extra fat to get ripped.
- Exercise Guide – this handbook comes in pdf format so you can download the book for reference. It also makes it easy to save a copy of the pdf onto your phone to use when you go to the gym. The manual provides you with all the information you need to known about the exercises to be done in the program.
- CEP Training Blueprint – in this pdf ebook, the CEP training system is explained. The CEP training system is based on a few well known techniques for improving mass gains. Techniques like stretching the muscle between sets and tensioning are rolled into one to create the Ben’s CEP system of training.
- CEP Application Guide – this guide goes through the process of how to incorporate the CEP techniques into the MI40X workout to make it work for you.
- MI40 CEP Exercise Videos – the program includes close to 20 videos where the exercises as well as the CEP training are demonstrated. This lets you learn the proper form by watching and following which for us is always the simplest way to do it.
- Nutrition Guide – no exercise program is complete without a nutritional manual and guide. In this pdf book you can download and follow the steps and diet that have been laid out. Don’t forget to do this as proper nutrition makes up for majority of your muscle gain results.
- Supplement Guide – along with the nutrition guide, included is a supplement guide that will help you understand the different supplements and which ones will help in muscle recovery for better results and gains.
- FAQ Guide – here Ben answers many of the basic questions about the program.
- Workout Sheets – the training logs are included here, just print them out and use them to track each of the exercises and days you’ve done. This way you can monitor the results over the span of your training.
While the program itself is developed using some advanced systems, it is designed for trainees of different fitness levels. To make this simpler, MI40 includes 3 CEP level workouts, covering everyone from the beginner to the professional. And because he’s an actual bodybuilding pro, the professional athlete level program is just that, designed for pros.
What we aren’t too fond of
- This is a more advanced style of training. While Ben Pakulski does mention that is works for novices as well as professionals, many of the techniques and exercises are geared toward more advanced trainees. If you’re starting out go slow and make sure to go through the videos and read the books and manuals carefully. Take time to do so.
- You’ll need to be disciplined as the program doesn’t offer much flexibility. You’ll be training more than the once or twice a week some beginner programs do so committing the time and religiously following the schedule may be a task if you are a busy person.
What we like about the MI40 Xtreme system
- The system is a complete program for resistance training. It covers everything from the exercises, nutrition, and schedule. How to perform the exercises properly are also shown in the videos to make it easy to learn and follow.
- The system works and provides increased muscle mass results. As long as you make sure to follow the workouts as written, eat properly and not overdo the exercises or try to add or mix with other programs you’ll get the a better physique than when you started, which is the results we’re all looking for.
- Ben answers a lot of the questions in the FAQ as well as explains the CEP training and the program thoroughly.
- It comes with a 2 month money back guarantee should you find it does not fit you or you aren’t satisfied with the results.
MI40X Review Summary
The MI40X workout program is designed for those looking to increase muscle mass without spending long hours in the gym. The training sessions are relatively short at under an hour each allowing you to spend the rest of your day as you please. It it important to remember that this is not a magic system. You’ll need to get into the gym, focus and work. Then get enough rest and consume the proper nutrition. One without the others hampers the gains and results, so discipline and commitment is required. Everything is laid out in the program’s package, you’ll need to read it thoroughly and watch the videos carefully. Don’t hurry and try to jump straight into the program as you’ll miss the finer points.